Ballalrayanadurga is a concealed fort on top of a dense forest in the Western Ghats which stands with shattered walls as a distant reminder of its past when it was built in 12th century by Hoysala Empire. Situated at the height of 5000 feet, the whole valley glitters with natural colors during sunsets and makes an ideal place for trekking and camping with mesmerizing views around. The immersed greenery attracts trekkers at all times of the year. Apart from its historical significance the Ballalarayana Durga fort is also famous as a trekking destination. The most frequented trek route is the one that starts at Sunkasale and takes one to the ruined fort before proceeding to Bandaje Arbi.
- Difficulty level : Moderate
- Trek Length : 15 Kms in total (Two way)
- Distance from Bangalore : 290 Kms (One Way)
- Minimum Age : 8 Years
- Weather : 20 to 27 Degrees (March to June)
- Attraction : Beautiful Landscape
- Transport : Non A/C Transport
- Food : Veg Food
- Washrooms : Only at Base Camp
- Accommodation Type : Dorms separate for Male & Female
For a bulk booking discount, call 9902027262.
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Transport
- Accommodation in Homestay (Dorms separate for Male & Female)
- 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Snacks & 1 Dinner
- Instructor from BMC
- Forest Permissions
- Jeep Charges
- Water Fall Entry
- Basic First Aid support
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above.
- Personal Medication (if any)
- Strong Backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Empty Lunch Box
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (Highly Suggested)
- Trekking Shoes (Highly Suggested)
Kindly don't carry single use plastic ( for eg: chocolates, chips, water bottle etc) items during the trek. There will be thorough check by the forest department near the check post and if found any there will be a penalty. If you need chocolates or chips during the trek, unwrap it and bring it in a container or Tupper ware.
09:30 PM: Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
09:45 PM: Pick-up from Domlur Sky Walk, Opp to Domlur Bus Stop
10:00 PM: Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
10:30 PM: Pick up from Yeshwantpur metro station
06:30 AM Reach Homestay, Have to Freshen up & Breakfast
08:30 AM Start the trek from Sunkasale
10:00 AM Reach Ballarayana Durga Fort and trek towards Bandaje falls
11:30 AM Have packed lunch and spend some time at the waterfalls
12:30 PM Trek back to Homestay
02:30 PM Reach back to Homestay
08:00 PM Campfire Dinner & overnight Stay
06:30 AM: Wake up - Freshen-up - Breakfast.
07:00 AM: Visit Kodige Falls
09:00 AM: Start back to Bangalore
11:00 AM: Visit Halebeedu Temple & Have self-sponsored lunch on the way.
08:00 PM: Reach back to Bangalore.